As a professional expert, lawyer, accountant, or financial advisor, there comes a time in your business when it’s time to stop the hustle – time to stop chasing more clients; because more clients don’t always mean more profit.
My conversation with Roger Knecht, Universal Accounting, led us to discuss:
- His definition of a ‘premier accounting business’
- The MAP acronym
- Why revenue is vanity and profits are sanity
- Becoming a specialist doesn’t mean you won’t work with others
- How leveraging technology & systems can increase profits
- The importance of systematizing your onboarding for a better client experience
- Giving yourself permission to say no
- 3 D’s – document, duplicate, delegate
About Roger Knecht:
For more than 20 years Roger has personally helped 1000’s of accounting professionals start and build their businesses. In that time he’s created programs to address each aspect of running an accounting business and helped author “Red to BLACK”, the how-to guide for accountants to help clients with the most common challenges faced in business – cash flow AND “in the BLACK – 9 principles to make your business profitable”.
- Roger Knecht – LinkedIn here
- Universal Accounting here
- Free resources from Universal Accounting here
Other episodes of Work Less PROFIT More podcast on similar topics:
- Ep. 64 – Want to Make More Money: Niche Down (listen here)
- Ep. 51 – Profit Talk 1: A 7-figure Business Means Nothing If You Don’t Have Profit (listen here)
CONNECT WITH ME HERE
- Leave me a voice message here
- Book a Growth Strategy Session here
- Be a guest on my show Profit Potential Audit here
P.S. Feel like you’re Chief Everything Officer in your business?
Sick and tired of constantly putting out fires?
Are you finally ready to earn explosive profits and take multiple guilt-free vacations?
If you’ve answered YES to any of the above, then I believe you’d be a perfect fit as a guest for a Profit Potential Audit interview on my podcast. Not only will you get at least one concrete strategy to move your business forward, but you’ll also have the opportunity to increase your business’s visibility when you share about the awesome work you do.
APPLY here: Book a Profit Potential Audit Interview here
Can’t wait to hear how this episode might impact your business by Leaving me your voice message feedback here.