As I’m preparing content for #SUCCEED, I’ve been making a summary of the important activities that successful people do differently in their lives! So I thought I’d share them with you today! Perhaps you want to check off which ones you do – consistently!! How do you rate yourself?
1. They know what they want and have a vision! Time and time again, I meet business owners who truly don’t know what they want (from their life or their business). They are often at a crossroads — and that’s okay (no judgement). It’s just that it’s difficult to move forward if you don’t know where you want to go.
2. They take consistent, deliberate, massive action towards achieving it. Successful people have FOCUS — they focus on getting what they want (vision). Focus requires consistent and deliberate small steps! It’s not rocket science but it does require patience and persistence. Remember, generally we over estimate what we can do in one year; but we under estimate what we can do in three years! Think and act bigger!
3. They courageously work outside their comfort zone. Successful people are couragous! And they are comfortable with being uncomfortable. You could say that they feel the fear but they move through it. I call working outside your comfort zone – taking a LEAP!
4. They believe in themselves and their vision. Okay – perhaps this should be two. Successful people believe in themselves! This is a BIG one! If you don’t believe in yourself, how can you expect your customers to believe in you!!!
5. They avoid perfection. “Done is better than none” is one of my favourite sayings. Perfectionism causes paralysis and procrastination. Your clients won’t know that your website isn’t perfect; that your blog isn’t perfect; etc. But they do want to hear from you. They want to hear in your own voice — not the perfect, in your head voice!
6. They focus on being productive not busy. I hope you realize that there is a difference between productive and busyness! In my mind, productive means ‘producing’. In business, that means ‘producing’ money. What money making activities are you doing daily? There are only about 6 that are really effective.
7. They measure and track their progress. How do you know if you’ve been successful, if you’ve reached Successville, unless you’ve tracked your progress. You must know what key indicators are required; you must know your milestones.
8. They make mistakes and learn from them. Successful people aren’t afraid to make mistakes; they take these opportunities to grow and to learn. Mistakes are simply nature’s way of showing you that there is a different path!
9. They surround themselves with motivational people. Jim Rohn is famous for saying “you become like the 5 people you spend most of your time with”! Think about it — if your friends/family are negative and non-achievers, it’s highly unlikely that you’ll be positive and an achiever! Choose wisely!
10. They take care of themselves. Every very successful person has a ‘success routine’ which usually includes exercise, meditation, journalling, eating right and good sleep. As a business owner, you need to be at your best to serve your customers at your best!!!
11. They express gratitude daily. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Daily gratitude practise can bring big changes to your life — incorporate it into your meditation or journalling!
There they are — my top 11 things that I strive for daily! How did you score? Is there something else you would add?
I’ll be discussing these in more depth during upcoming #SUCCEED (Montreal and Ottawa)! Why – because I want each and everyone of you to Succeed on Purpose! Get your tickets now by clicking here!