Just the other day a friend was telling me that she attended a wellness fair as a sponsor. She announced with great enthusiasm. “ I finally found my peeps”! She continued, telling me that in the past she had attended many different types of events, but none with the same response as she received from this particular one! I was so happy for her! Virtual confetti drop! That’s what I want for you!
But perhaps you’re like her and you’ve tried lots of different ‘tactics’ to find your peeps or customers? Sometimes they work and sometimes not. I totally understand how it feels to get your marketing right – to ensure that it works!!!
So today I thought I’d share 25+ ways you might find your own peeps. Ready?
- Attend networking events in person
- Attend virtual networking events – yes they do exist
- Participate as a sponsor at community events
- Walk around community events and speak to the sponsors
- Host lunch & learns
- Attend volunteer events and let people know what you do
- Attend Women’s events (March is Women’s Month)
- Email everyone you know to tell them about your business (business announcement)
- Mention your paid services in your weekly newsletter
- Mention what you do in your email signature
- Send a content rich newsletter to your peeps on a regular basis
- Be of service in social media groups or online forums
- Keep a list of warm leads & follow up consistently
- Send personal emails to new subscribers
- Give people free, mini-taster sessions i.e. like Baskin Robbins little pink spoon
- Host free talks locally
- Provide a guest post
- Host free calls or webinars
- Host a meet up group in your community related to your business topic
- Post flyers around town advertising your services
- Hold in person or phone meetings with your peers
- Get interviewed on TV, podcasts, etc.
- Ask past clients for referrals
- Send a dedicated sales pitch email to your peeps
- Collaborate or cross promote with related businesses
- Add a call to action to all of your marketing material
- Create and lead a private Facebook group
- Be a sponsor at other business events
- Attend out of town conferences & network
Here’s the thing – there’s no lack of ways to promote yourself and find your dream client. And I certainly don’t want you to try all of these at once!!!
You have to do them the right way and
You have to put the time in to get the results!
If you aren’t getting the results you want from your marketing or if marketing feels ICKY, then I invite you attend SHIFT-the marketing event April 3 & 4 in Ottawa? I promise you’ll gain clarity about your marketing and learn how to get the results you want – no ick, promise!
To make it easy for you, here is a gift! A discount code to use at the check out (DL25).
This will reduce General Admission ticket to $25 and the VIP Ticket to $225. YUP – VIP is new this year and has thousands of dollars of extras (not just special seating & swag).
Limited seating at VIP includes:
- Special virtual coaching session March 27
- 2nd day of training in Marketing Lab (analyze & get feedback on your current marketing materials; turn your prospect from website creepers into clients (more info-watch this video – https://youtu.be/WOcEs5CZPmQ)
- monthly EXPERT TALKS recordings delivered to your inbox for 12 months to support you to creating marketing that converts into more of your dream client!!
One final question – How do you get where you want to go in your business?
It’s by implementing what you’ve learned; by setting & working towards your goals!
Join me at #SHIFTmarketing – let’s kick start your business into high gear!
More information – https://dianalidstone.com/