January is the perfect time to….
- Start a diet
- Put away Christmas decorations
- Revise your personal budget
- Get outside and enjoy winter
- And so much more
If you’re a small business owner, January is the perfect time to take a Sunday afternoon and ask questions!
It’s the perfect time to be quiet and to do some deep thinking about what we want from our business and what we want for our business.
When was the last time you actually spent some time thinking about …
1. What is the purpose of your business for 2022? (yes, your business has a purpose and it’s different from your purpose or mission)
2. What trends have you seen in your business over the past 5 years and 3 years?
3. What marketing activities have been working well and how you can double down on them?
4. Which activities have NOT been working well and how can you STOP doing them?
5. Where do you want your business to be in 3 years and in 5 years? (specifics)
6. Who is your best customer? How can you get more of those?
7. Are you consistently measuring the right performance metrics?
8. Where do you need support in your business?
9. Who is your next hire so you can work less; earn more?
10. Do you need to learn a new skill in order to take your business to the next level of success?
11. Do you know specifically what success means for you?
12. What do you need to systematize next in your business?
13. What can you simplify in your business today, tomorrow, next week?
14. What decision(s) do you need to make today?
15. If you look at your business model, is it the right structure to give you what you want from your business this coming year, next year?
16. Are you getting the time off, flexibility and freedom that you want from your business? If not – what needs to change and when will you make that change?
17. What’s motivating you right now?
18. If money was not a factor, what would you choose NOW?
19. How are your morning habits setting you up for CEO success?
20. How is your business bringing you joy? (for them and you)
21. How are you growing your email list this month? (An email list is essential for business sustainability)
22. What are two ways that you can nurture/cultivate your community this week?
23. Customers are craving connection …. How are you sharing the human side of you with your audience this week to help build that connection?
24. Where is your focus? (What you focus on grows!)
25. What ‘messaging’ might need to be reviewed/tweaked this week?
26. How are you using your ONE unique gift to create momentum in your business this week?
27. Happiness is a choice; what are you choosing?
It’s a very cold Sunday afternoon and I’m sitting in front of my fireplace! I’m journaling about my own business and where I need to make some changes for 2022. It’s something I’ve been doing almost every Sunday this month. It’s a process that takes time and thought. It’s not a ‘do it once’ and it’s done!
As CEO of our businesses, we need to constantly be asking ourselves questions about our life and about our businesses!
That’s why each Monday, I’ll be hosting a short Facebook live asking you a question of the week! You can join me here!
P.S. If you’d like some help figuring out the HOW of taking your business to the next level of success so that you can work less, earn more – then let’s chat! Book your call here.