When my husband retired last January, I knew it was time to change some things in my business so we could spend more time together. I was worried that my business would be the sole/soul focus and not our lifestyle.
Questions arose like:
- In order to free up more time, what do I stop doing?
- What could I let go of but still keep a 6-figure business?
- What could I double-down on to keep earning the same or more?
- How could I do less, better?
I was also reminded of conversations I had with several of my client earlier. Their question was …
How could they live their best/fullest life NOW, not later?
Essentially that was my same question.
- How could I live my fullest life now while earning 6-figures?
- How could I have more than enough time for boating & my business?
- How can I have ‘success’ on my terms and earn a good living?
Several of my clients were also asking themselves:
- How could they run their legal practice with 10 employees while living aboard for the winter and have more free time for family?
- How could they run a multi-million-dollar specialized acquisition firm while living the life they dreamed of for their retirement?
- How could they operate a 6-figure mortgage business while working less than 20 hours a week?
If this were you, how could you make this happen?
You might start by making a list of what you dream of doing – a bucket list of sorts.
Secondly, pick a date by which you want to do these activities.
And then instead of waiting to do these in 5 or 10 years, strategize how you will do several of these on or before your pre-determined date.
In order to turn these dreams into realities, each of my clients, myself included, realized that they had to operate their business differently.
Through this process, I realized not only did I need to simplify my business but so did my clients. We needed to SIMPIFY in 5 different areas.
- I had to find my micro-niche where I could be well-paid for my services.
- I had to drill down to understand the ONE problem I could solve for this micro-niche.
- I had to develop the ONE solution that would solve that one problem.
- I had to focus on ONE method of lead generation.
- I had to master ONE platform to gain visibility.
For more on the 5 powerful ways to simplify your business, check out this podcast episode (here).
If you want to grow and expand your business, you first need to SIMPLIFY it!
YOU CAN DO THIS